A little about my creative works:
- A little about me:
- I have always been creative. I enjoy drawing, painting, singing, reading, writing poetry and short stories. I have loved photography for 20 years and have been professional for almost 10 years. It fills up not only my work day, but much of my free time and that's a good thing.
- My first Solo Gallery Exhibition in 2010 was held at the Blue Moon Art Gallery in Vincennes, IN. featuring my Gulf Oil Spill Photo Project.I took my inspiration from photographer Katherine Bish of St. Louis, from whose genius the idea was born. My project's b/w images portrayed many volunteer models who allowed me to drizzle them with chocolate syrup to simulate the toxic crude oil that was killing both marine and wildlife animals. I wished to not only to further raise awareness of their suffering, but also to shine a light on the plight of the financial devastation that was facing the fishing families of Grand Isle, LA. who had lost their livelihoods for a number of months.
- In the 2011 Vincennes, IN. Northwest Territory Art Guild's Annual Juried Art Show, one of my images received Third Place among all artistic genres.
- In the 2012 Annual Juried Art Show of the N.W.T. Art Guild an entry of mine received First Place honors and another was given an Honorable Mention.
- At the Krempp Art Gallery's Annual 2012 Juried Art Show in Jasper, IN., I was quite honored and pleased when both of my image submissions were bestowed the Award of Excelence.
- I was again honored in the Fall of 2012 when the president of the Palestine, Ill. Art Guild invited me to hang sixty of my images for a month long Solo Exhibition at the Guild's Gallery in the Art District on Main Street.
- In July and August of 2013 twenty of my photographs were showcased in a two month long exhibit with two other area artists at the Arch Abbey Library Gallery in St. Meinard, Indiana. The theme of the show was "Preserving Our Past".
- I currently own and operate DreamCatcher Gallery and Studio in Washington, IN. where I offer my services for professional portraiture as well as having my own Artography on display in the grand hall outside my studio which is also offered for sale to the public.
- My work may also be seen and/or purchased at the Pig & Fiddle Emporium at the Gasthoff Amish Acres Complex just north of Montgomery, IN..
" target="_blank"><img src="http://www.wedjfiles.com/memberbadge.php?unid=7F9AB16DCDAE762586257C15000E84E4
" alt="Find us on WeDJ.com"/></a>