A little about my creative works:
- A little about me:
- Born in Lawrenceville, Illinois in the United States in 1951, I have always been creative. I enjoy drawing, painting, singing, reading, writing poetry and short stories. I began taking photography seriously almost 20 years ago and cannot imagine what my life would be like without photography. It fills my free time up almost completely and that's a good thing!
- My first Gallery Exhibition was held at the Blue Moon Art Gallery in Vincennes, IN. featuring my Gulf Oil Spill Photo Project. I took my inspiration from photographer Katherine Bish of St. Louis, from whose genius the idea was born. My project's b/w images portrayed many volunteer models who allowed me to drizzle them with chocolate syrup to simulate the toxic crude oil that was killing both marine and wildlife animals and to also raise awareness of the plight of the fishing families of Grand Isle, LA. who had lost their livelihoods for a number of months.
- In the Vincennes, IN. Northwest Territory Art Guild's 2011 Annual Juried Art Show, one of my images received Third Place among all artistic genres.
- In the 2012 Annual Juried Art Show of the N.W.T. Art Guild an entry of mine received First Place honors and another was given an Honorable Mention.
- At the Krempp Art Gallery's Annual 2012 Juried Art Show in Jasper, IN., I was quite honored and pleased when both of my image submissions were bestowed the Award of Excelence.
- I was again honored in the Fall of 2012 when the president of the Palestine, Ill. Art Guild invited me to hang sixty of my images for a month long Solo Exhibition in the Art District there on Main Street.
- I am currently one of three artists being showcased in a two month long exhibit at the Arch Abbey Library Gallery in St. Meinard, Indiana. The theme of the show is "Preserving Our Past". Exhibition will end August 30, 2013.
" target="_blank"><img src="http://www.wedjfiles.com/memberbadge.php?unid=7F9AB16DCDAE762586257C15000E84E4
" alt="Find us on WeDJ.com"/></a>